Wednesday, February 20, 2013

OH! The... WORK!

As a child we moved several times. It seems like every time we moved Mom would already be planning how the next move was going to go. I remember a box of hand crocheted lace moving with us several times. They were crocheted by my great grandmother and as Mom grew older she took up crocheting too. She would somehow manage to crochet doilies with thread, I have several of them and I'm pretty sure my sisters were equally blessed by Mom's handiwork. 

I have no idea what ever happened to the box of crocheted lace, somewhere along the line it was either thrown away, given away or lost. But then again, when Mom died my stepdad told us not to come back to the house again so maybe one of his children ended up with it. 

But at the moment we are trying to move Sis 2. She has had her house for around 25 years. In those 25 years she has been back and forth many times while working elsewhere, once she lived in another town for 12 years, bought another house then moved back and there are still several (at least 3,546) boxes with contents that haven't seen the light of day for a couple of decades. 

This whole situation is not helped any by the fact Sis 2 and I are both arthritic and no longer the spring chicks we once were. 

Just why Sis 2 decided she had to do this move in the middle of the winter is beyond me. It took 4 months of hot, dry Arizona weather to get her knees to the point where she could walk comfortably and that was all quickly erased by the cold wet mid-winter climate here. 

So the process is slow but each day we make noticeable progress. 

25 years is a lot of time to accumulate "stuff". Getting this house "unstuffed" is the job before us now.

Anybody need stuff??   

No comments: